Oct 5, 2019: the very first national March for the human right of every child to grow up in a world free from abuse!! The civil rights movement of our day. It will be historic. Be a part of it. A big part of it.
Can’t come to Salt Lake City? Every person on the planet with a computer can be a huge part of this epic march. Past movements like women’s suffrage, civil rights and LGBT equality did not have the empowering social media platforms of our day. Each and every one of you has a tectonic task for your fingertips…making the march go viral.
Oct 5th’s event will be live streamed from the Protect Every Child facebook page. Here’s what to do during the broadcast:
- View the livestream. The complete schedule of the march is listed below.
- Comment. Lot’s of comments. You can comment as many times as you want. There will be interviews with marchers all along the way.
- Share on your FB timeline and on whatever other pages you can.
- Tell your friends, family and neighbors about the march. See if they will also help raise visibility to this horrendous epidemic on our kids.
Doing this from your remote location will magnify many fold the awareness and visibility of what is happening on the ground in Salt Lake City.
This is truly a national march. People are converging on Utah from 27 states in the union. It’s also a global rally with representative from 9 different countries.
All we need now is virality. YOU can make that happen. March with your fingertips while others march with their feet. It’s time to save generations upon generations of our children.
Our goal, and that of our 18 member coalition, is to end child abuse. Some people say that our dream is impossible. A couple of days ago, I had a chat with Matthew Sandusky. He said that his goal was also to end child abuse and that sometimes he hears the same critique. He responds with this quote from Nelson Mandela, “It always seems impossible until it’s done!”
Schedule for the March to End Child Abuse, Oct 5, 2019
- 8:00 am: Gathering begins at Salt Lake City/County Bldg, 451 S. State St.
- 8:30 am: Rally begins with MC (Local radio personality) along with music by Eric Herman and survivor remarks.
- 9:00 am: Keynote speeches.
- 9:30 am: March to the Utah State Capitol (1.1 miles). A van will be available for those not able to walk the route. If you would like to take advantage of this service, please message Protect Every Child on Facebook to receive further instructions.
- 10:00-11:15 am: Marchers arrive at Capitol.
- 10:30-11:15 am: Live music will greet marchers at the Capitol
- 11:15 am: Keynote speeches resume
- 12:00 noon: Rally ends.
- Parking. We’re asking attendees to scope that out themselves.
- For those who can’t walk 1.1 miles, you can come to the rally at the beginning and then drive or Uber to the capitol, use the van, or simply meet the group at the capitol.
- Times may vary depending on attendance. We don’t know exactly how long it takes for thousands of people to walk from point to point.
- Restrooms will be located at both starting and ending venues.
- Water will be available at the capitol. Please bring your own water container.
Please register HERE.
This is going to be an amazing & epic event. Bring your family, friends & neighbors. There is no greater cause.