With their most recent excommunication antics, the Mormon Church has decided NOT to protect their children.
However, the Church HAS chosen to protect what they view as more important:
- The apostle’s power and reputation. Hypocrites! Their first priority should be the children, not themselves.
- The Mormon right to expose children to physical sexual abuse.
- The Mormon right to expose children to psychological abuse. Also known as covert abuse.
I have news for the Mormon Church. As they continue to enforce the absurd policies that damage kids, the reputation of their leaders will continue to be trashed. Not by Sam Young. Their character will be vilified by their own actions.
Furthermore, they have NO right to employ sexual interrogations. They traumatize children. In the state of Texas, child abuse includes: “Inflicting mental or emotional injury impairing a child’s growth, development or psychological functioning.” Thousands of testimonials witness that this type of child abuse has been perpetrated over and over and over in bishop’s offices around the world. IT…IS…CRIMINAL!!!
The Church used it’s biggest hammer to pound me into silence. I will not be silent.
The all powerful Mormon apostles intended to intimidate me. Intimidation by hypocrisy does not terrify a moral cause.
They sought to stigmatize me with shame. Only I have the capacity to stamp myself with shame…by walking away from my friends. Well…I am not going to take that shameful bend in the road. The apostles have chosen the shameful path. I will not follow. The children and the gospel of Jesus Christ are of infinitely greater import.
NEXT ACTION—THE BOOK
I have decided to publish The Book of Stories.
The Crescendo of awareness has dramatically increased. Each action has built on the success of the previous action. Publishing The Book is going to be bigger than anything we have done so far.
The target audience is no longer the apostles nor the membership of the Church. This Book will be written to the general public. Church leaders and their obedient followers will be relegated to the sidelines. They will witness a national discussion unfold regarding “covert” child abuse. The Mormon Church will be highlighted as the biggest and baddest example of unacceptable behavior.
Over the past 3 days, I have been tutored by a publishing expert. An exciting course has been charted. It will generate a ton of exposure in both national and local media. A lot of work lays ahead with a plethora of moving parts. I now see a clear path to producing a gigantic impact.
TOGETHER, A PRIDE OF LIONS IS GOING TO ROAR!!!
When stories were originally submitted to Protectldschildren.org, I had no vision that a book could eventually be the result. So I didn’t ask for permission to publish the stories in print. That process began 3 weeks ago. An email has sent to each submitter requesting permission. At this point, several hundred permissions have been granted.
Below is the email request. If you submitted a story and have not responded to the permission request, please do soon. Simply contact me at email@example.com.
If you experienced an inappropriate youth interview and have not submitted your story, feel free to do it soon. Story submissions can be made HERE.
Dear Story Contributor,
First, let me thank you for taking the time to write out your story and submit it to Protect LDS Children’s website. That alone has helped protect many children today and has promoted healing of yesterday’s children who are now adults. I hope that sharing your story has been therapeutic for your childhood wounds.
I’m writing today to give you a heads up and ask your permission.
As you know, I have implemented several actions to encourage the Mormon Church to revise their dangerous and irresponsible interview protocol for minors. I’ve now decided on a major next step…to publish the stories in book form. I’m very sensitive to the survivors and have decided not to publish any story without permission. So, if you would like your story included, please respond to this email indicating that you give permission. If you prefer not to grant authorization, that is perfectly ok and understandable.
I’d also like to list geographic info. If you are willing, please provide the following. This is not a requirement to have your story included.
Where did the offensive interviews occur? List which state/states or which country if outside the U.S.
Where do you currently reside? State or country if outside the U.S.
Here is what I hope to accomplish by publishing:
- Create additional awareness of what the Mormon Church sanctions behind closed doors.
- Raise consciousness of what damages are being caused by Mormon interview policies.
- Assist more and more Mormon parents to decide to protect their own children.
- Continue to promote healing for those who have submitted stories and the tens of thousands who don’t feel comfortable sharing their story at this time.
- Nudge the Church into implementing the protections that all other institutionalized churches already have put into place: No one-on-one interviews, no sexually explicit questions, ever.
- How will each story be titled? 1) ‘Name Hidden’ or 2) with the first name and initial of the last n name. Generally, I’ll follow the instructions from the initial submission. If you want it to appear differently, just let me know when you email in your permission.
- Not all stories will be included. Currently, there are about 950 submissions. The editor will give input on how much the length of the book will need to be adjusted. I can’t guarantee which stories it will actually contain.
- If any profits accrue they will go to Protect the Children Association (ProtectLDSChildren.org) to fund further actions.
I’ve never undertaken a project like this before. So, I have no idea what a realistic time frame is. My hope is to get a book out in the next 6 to 18 months. Every week that goes by, thousands of children are put at risk. As a result, I feel urgency in my gut.
Thanks for your consideration.
Love and warm regards,
Sam Young, ProtectLDSChildren.org